Let’s start with the name. It’s not actually going to be “Offspring.” The name is still being decided. For now, this word seemed fitting.
Before I get into what “Offspring” will be, I think it is important to tell you what it won’t be. This is the part that you should make sure you read before you donate. As much as we would love (and need) your help, we don’t want you to spend your money on something thinking it’s one thing when it’s really something else.
What this site is not:
A Policed Site. If you are interested in this site because you and the creators have something in common and you think that if someone that “We” don’t like shows up, they will just be banned, this is not the site for you. People won’t be kicked out because you (or I) don’t like them. This is intended to be a safe place. Safe meaning free from hate speech and harassment. NOT free from disagreements. Also not free from people we don’t like, disagree with or even hate. The “Safe” in this safe place is also meant to allow people to be themselves. To be creative and to be who they are without fear.
A Perfect Universe. I don’t want anyone to think that this will be an ideal situation. Yes, we intend to do as much as we possibly can to keep it safe for EVERYONE. However, there is no way to keep bigots out completely. I can not promise that you will never be harassed. What I can promise is that there will already be a system in place that limits the harassment and that if you are being harassed, your concerns will be met with more than an email about “Freedom of Speech.”
The Social Justice Awards. Although this will be a place for everyone to feel safe and be who they are. This is not a site that is ABOUT keeping people safe. This is a social site. The safety of the users is OUR goal but it is not YOUR goal. The whole point is that, you shouldn’t even have to THINK about keeping yourself safe. You should just BE safe. It’s a place to be creative, have a good time, meet new people, get things off your chest and relax.
A Hidden Gem. Look I get it, I do this too. Your favorite group only has a few supporters and you feel like it’s underground and special. You get a little upset when it becomes “Mainstream.” I get it. Truly, I do. However, this is a situation where we WANT people to know. Unfortunately, there are a lot of us who don’t have a safe place right now. Not in life, not online, not at school, not anywhere. This site won’t be without it’s flaws but it WILL be a place where people can just BE. Everyone needs a safe haven. EVERYONE.
For Everyone. The word “Everyone” has been used several times in this post. That is the wrong word. This site will not be for everyone. Bigots will not have a welcome mat laid out for them. We make no bones about that. I’ve been unfortunate enough to see how the mind set of bigots work so if you are a bigot and you’re reading this now, you may be wondering where your safe place is. It’s called Earth. You are perfectly allowed to say what you want in almost every situation without consequence. This site is not for you. Your hate speech is not welcome. Period.
The “Cause” site. Many people have their lives labeled as “Causes.” This is not a site SPECIFICALLY for such-and-such “Cause.” Yes, it is likely that certain types of people will find a home with this site. We hope they do. You know why? Because they don’t have a home anywhere else. I won’t say this is a “Site for Gay People” but I WILL say that it is a “Gay Friendly” site. I won’t say this is a “Site for Muslim People” but I will say that it is a “Muslim Friendly” site….
Only Safe. The word “Safe” has also been used several times. This is the correct word. However, it is not the only purpose. Yes, it is a HUGE part of what we’re doing but part of the idea of “Being safe” is also about being “Free” to be who you are. The reason it was stated before that safety was OUR goal but not YOUR goal is because you shouldn’t even have to think about it. There should be at least one place where you don’t have to think “What will happen if I say/post this?” Again, that doesn’t mean that you won’t have people saying rude things on occasion. What it does mean is that you have a bit of relief in knowing that someone has your back. There is no way to protect everyone 100% but we can damn sure make it clear that bigotry won’t be tolerate.
- racismschoolstorage reblogged this from racismschool
- racismschoolstorage likes this
- faketransgirl reblogged this from racismschool
- allthesweetness reblogged this from racismschool
- allthesweetness likes this
- psionichounds likes this
- marchoftigers reblogged this from projectoffspring
- corinnajune likes this
- ereyes312 reblogged this from projectoffspring
- projectoffspring reblogged this from racismschool and added:
- ombredemoncoeur likes this
- sarenhachoice likes this
- deliciouskaek likes this
- necromancercronus likes this
- engenderandendear likes this
- thevoiceagainst likes this
- itisperfectlyimperfect likes this
- smugish likes this
- wingsandtails likes this
- aka14kgold likes this
- spaceangelqueen likes this
- masteradept reblogged this from karnythia
- darkjez reblogged this from karnythia
- ednas-elysiums likes this
- lawd-knows likes this
- graphitetroll likes this
- torukun1 likes this
- searchingforknowledge reblogged this from racismschool
- thatcrazyassnewb reblogged this from racismschool and added:
- darkthoughtsbrightdays likes this
- setfabulazerstomaximumcaptain reblogged this from racismschool
- setfabulazerstomaximumcaptain likes this
- hilarious-harlequinn likes this
- daggerpen likes this
- longhairpapabear reblogged this from racismschool
- aragingquiet likes this
- rhapsodistramblings likes this
- raithunder likes this
- purplegoesbothways likes this
- hollowpikeman reblogged this from tal9000
- dylandigits likes this
- theslavbarbarian reblogged this from racismschool
- theslavbarbarian likes this
- ereyes312 likes this
- tal9000 reblogged this from racismschool
- tal9000 likes this
- patrickandmarcus likes this
- northcentralpositronics likes this
- jeriorlizorart likes this
- racismschool posted this