This is what you want to know about, right? There is no beating around the bush here. It’s going to be expensive. The good news is, our original “Low ball” figure was $50,000 (Yes, this IS low for this sort of project) but we’ve gotten that down to $35,000.
Ideally, the fifty would be what we need. For now, we are going to make this happen for the bare minimum. I will not be getting paid, the person building the site has taken an extreme pay cut. Okay, let me back that up for a second. He is doing me a HUGE favor so let me go ahead and put this out there. He has taken a 54% pay cut in order to get this done for $35,000. Yeah, this guy is a bit more than amazing! I told him that if he would be willing to work with some lower level or newer business clients, I would promote the hell out of him (And I hope you will too). That way he could at least make up the difference.
Just to put this into perspective for those that don’t know what kind of money these people usually make. I spoke to someone last night about staff for this project. They said that a staff member would make about $35,000 a year. Basically, the amount that one staff member would make is what we are using to fund this entire project. This figure, the amount that we need to cover building of the site, the part time help and the private server (which was the only thing we couldn’t get at a reduced price) is to cover the entire year. $35,000 to run this site for an entire year. **NOTE: On the campaign page, we have set out goal at $37,700 because after the fees from Indigogo, if we meet our goal, we will have $35,061.
You see why that is such a low cost?
Still, it’s $35,000. It may be low for what we are doing but it certainly isn’t a small amount of money. There is no getting around that. Many people can’t donate a lot of money. When you go to the campaign page, you’ll see that you can donate as little as $1. Even more people aren’t able to donate any money. You can still help. The next post will contain all the information on the campaign.
If you can’t donate money but you still want to help, reblog! If you can’t donate money but you still want to help, post a link! You helping to get the word out is currency!
**I will be doing one post every Saturday giving updates on this project. The first three posts gave basic information on the project but the weekly post will contain more detail and answer questions that I’ve gotten over the week.
- racismschoolstorage reblogged this from racismschool
- racismschoolstorage likes this
- allthesweetness reblogged this from racismschool
- allthesweetness likes this
- thesaratea reblogged this from racismschool
- projectoffspring reblogged this from racismschool and added:
- deliciouskaek likes this
- engenderandendear likes this
- ednas-elysiums likes this
- lawd-knows likes this
- nogreentea likes this
- historyasmyth likes this
- setfabulazerstomaximumcaptain likes this
- torukun1 likes this
- daggerpen reblogged this from racismschool
- daggerpen likes this
- dylandigits likes this
- thatcrazyassnewb reblogged this from racismschool and added:
- blanketfrt reblogged this from racismschool
- blanketfrt likes this
- searchingforknowledge reblogged this from racismschool
- thedarkamethyst likes this
- ereyes312 reblogged this from racismschool
- aragingquiet likes this
- ereyes312 likes this
- itsajarofjam reblogged this from racismschool
- racismschool posted this