As you know, Project Offspring will offer a safe place, not only for people to be creative without worrying about being target by bigotry but also a safe place to do research that a person may otherwise be unable to do safely within their homes.
For those that are dealing with abusive situations, simply getting online and looking up a shelter or a place to get help, may not be a viable option. Project Offspring will give you the information that you need without having to worry about how it will look on your online search history.
A current problem that we are running into with posting links here on Tumblr is that it is difficult to keep the information current and up to date.
We had a full list of women’s shelter’s within the USA but between the time we first made the list and the time we were ready to post the list, several had closed due to lack of financing.
Here’s the good news, there are politicians out there as well as local communities that are working to stop this from happening. Even though there were shelters that closed, I am happy to report that there have also been at least 7 that have opened in the last month!
With this information in mind, instead of giving a list that may or may not remain accurate, we are posting the link to womenshelters.org
This site is doing a great job of keeping things up to date! Also, when you click the link, if you scroll to the bottom and look on the right hand side of your screen, you will see the most current list of new shelters!
For those of you who are in abusive situations, there are people that are there for the sole purpose of helping you. Look for a local library if you can get out of the house for a little while. Most libraries have a computer area where you can log on without someone being able to track you.
If you are unable to get to a safe location to use the internet but can make it to a secure phone, call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) This is the National Domestic Abuse hotline. They can help you get to where you need to go. (This hotline is for any kind of domestic abuse. It is not for women only. If you need help, call.)
- racismschoolstorage likes this
- pod313 reblogged this from boygeorgemichaelbluth
- readtoknowbasis likes this
- boygeorgemichaelbluth reblogged this from projectoffspring
- marginal-desires reblogged this from afrafemme
- marskittlesglitter reblogged this from afrafemme
- wintersknife likes this
- nickimijolnir reblogged this from afrafemme
- eat-pray-thug likes this
- keebiekneebiez reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- iamwhateveryoubelieve reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- nickimijolnir likes this
- themodernistwitch likes this
- afrafemme reblogged this from projectoffspring
- crunkfeministcollective reblogged this from projectoffspring
- theydonotmove reblogged this from racismschool
- thefourtwentytimes reblogged this from ausetkmt
- ausetkmt reblogged this from womanistgamergirl
- lettersiarrange reblogged this from avatar-dacia
- cometoruin reblogged this from transstingray2
- transstingray2 reblogged this from projectoffspring
- storyofaquietgirl reblogged this from racismschool
- zanbandia reblogged this from wolfsheadwolfsheart
- becauseforoncethisisme likes this
- sunny1 reblogged this from serotonical
- serotonical reblogged this from aka14kgold
- aka14kgold reblogged this from curiousgeorgiana
- hairtrending reblogged this from darkjez
- m00ncrisisp0wer reblogged this from womanistgamergirl
- ultraviole-nt reblogged this from feminist-space
- wingnutlady reblogged this from feminist-space
- jeriorlizorart likes this
- opinionessoftheworld likes this
- hissingbooth reblogged this from curiousgeorgiana
- lemongrabmypenis reblogged this from womanistgamergirl
- getmeachargerquick likes this
- faboomama likes this
- chiquorinha likes this
- polyandthenomials likes this
- kushbush reblogged this from darkjez
- curiousgeorgiana reblogged this from darkjez and added:
- curiousgeorgiana likes this
- darkjez reblogged this from womanistgamergirl
- avatar-dacia reblogged this from womanistgamergirl
- tiffany-aragon likes this
- folder502-deactivated likes this
- takthehideousnewgirl reblogged this from feminist-space
- lovingmyselfishard reblogged this from womanistgamergirl
- darkthoughtsbrightdays likes this